Friday, April 2, 2010

Growing Old

As each day passes we slowly grow old and our bodies are in decay most of our life. One day we go to play basketball and seemingly we have grown old overnight. We've realized we're not as young as we once were. This happening with our society and country.

I think it is amazing how normal all of these things of socialsim, corruption, waste, and loss of freedom or prosperity have become. It is more than just our oppressive big fat government. It is all aspects of society: the media, entertainment, business, consumerism, religion, communications in neighborhoods. Are we going to give in by quitting to do the things we used to do, accepting the way things have become, or are we going to eat better and exercise, and take back the life we had as individuals, families, communities, and a nation, and work to restore our freedoms? I am starting to restore things by not being censured with political correctness and educating myself and other open minded, honest, and freedom-loving people. I may ruffle a few feathers, but that is my cost for freedom, a small one compared to the fallen soldiers and founders of this great nation.

2 comments:

  1. What you said reminded me of what Dennis Prager calls the "American trinity." The "American trinity" are three basic values that our government was founded on, that make America exceptional to any other country. Those values are found on any U.S. coin: E Pluribus Unum (out of many: one), in God we trust, and liberty. Joe Biden recently said that President Obama is leading this country in a fundamentally different direction. And he's right, liberalism does not embrace unity; liberals are continally trying to pit one race against another, or one religion against another, and certainly they are not accepting of conservatives. They also attempt to tear down our trust in God, and instead put our trust in Government. And when we trust the Government and become dependent on it for more and more of our needs, we lose our liberty.

    It seems as if so many in our generation have no idea of what American values are, and since they don't know, they don't even notice that they are being taken away. So many look to Europe as the ideal, not realizing that the freedoms we have here are far better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarisse, thank you for these insights. I agree that liberals are just plain anti american. I find that there is not much to agree on in these points. I hear arguments that the founding fathers compromised their positions to get the Constitution. And I agree with that statement, but not what is implied that todays librals and conservatives are the same makeup of those great men. Though they differed on ideas and positions they agreed on values. They ultimately agreed on limiting government. Their debates did not see government as the only answer or the big answer, but rather a big problem. I need to learn more about the founding fathers before I can really back up my thoughts I have expressed here, but everything I know about it points this direction. I am glad you are participating.

    ReplyDelete